PEA & HAM SOUP
- Pour the marrowfat peas, including its juices (this contains alot of vitamins) into a pan and simmer gently.
- Add 1/4 of a ground-up vegetable stock cube, salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Simmer til peas become soft.
- Add contents to blender till you reach a smooth tick consistency.
- Return contents to pan and simmer on low heat.
- Cut slice of ham into cubes and add to the soup. Simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve up. Finally ... ENJOY!
Why this meal is so good: Peas are high in fibre, protein, vita- mins and minerals.
You don’t have to use marrowfat peas. Regular processed peas will work just as well. Or you can use tinned mushy peas (10p) for a cheaper version.
The ham adds great texture and salty flavour to the soup.