CINNAMON APPLE & OATS
- Peel and chop up apple into quarters.
- Add 100ml of water to a frying pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer apples in water.
- Sprinkle applies with sugar and cinnamon.
- Simmer til apples become soft and brown, topping up with water when it reduces.
- Serve the apples with a sprinkle of oats.
Why this meal is so good: This has all of the basic ingredients to make a traditional apple crumble ... minus all the butter! Making it a much healthier version of the classic dessert, but equally delicious.
- Cut a line from the top to the bottom of the banana.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon inside the opening you have just made.
- Wrap the banana in kitchen foil.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 15mins.
Why this meal is so good: This dessert may not win any prizes for beauty ... but it may just win a prize for tastiest budget dessert of all time. Out of all the meals, it requires the least preparation. What's more, banana's are a great source of potassium, and providing powerful protection to the cardiovascular system. In addition, the vitamin B6 in bananas help protect against sleeplessness, mood swings and irritability ... You may just need this!